25 moulding machines were producing plastic containers and lids. Over 50% of all unplanned downtime was hydraulic system related.
- Increase production efficiency.
- Increase equipment reliability.
- Analyse and rationalise the maintenance schedule.
- Increase availability.
- Reduce life cycle costs.
- Improve workforce knowledge and the poor maintenance culture.
- RCM analysis was done in DORA on one master moulding machine.
- All hydraulic failures were reported in DORA.
- All solutions were reported to DORA to continuously improve the FMEA data.
- Maintenance Plans, Processes and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) was improved.
- Within 2 years the hydraulic related downtime hours decreased by 65%.
- The use of hydraulic oil decreased from >12.000 litres/year to 2.800 litres/year.
- Pay Back time was just 6 weeks.
If you would like to find out more about DORA and sign up for a free online account, please complete the form below: