Gavin Crawford combines reliability improvement techniques and general management consulting skills to help clients transform business strategy and performance.
He has over 27 years of experience in physical asset optimization and implementation across energy, utilities, and other industry sectors. This includes 15 years working for Schlumberger, the last 11 of which were in Schlumberger Business Consulting (SBC).
Gavin was a past member of the Aladon™ Reliability-centred Maintenance (RCM) network.
His experience includes:
- Expert Witness input to an arbitration concerning export gas compressor failures – the retaining client had their liability in the matter reduced by over 90%.
- Review of maintenance requirements for a new fleet of trains being introduced in 2017.
- Applying and implementing RCM across a diverse range of (both downhole and surface) oil and gas exploration and services equipment.
- Advising both multi-national and national oil companies (NOCs) on maintenance related business transformation including business process and computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) specification and implementation.
- Developing project governance and participating as an independent assessor in Assurance (Stage Gate) Reviews on behalf of a North Sea operator.
- Acting on behalf of the Technology & Construction Court in London as an Expert Witness regarding Electrical Distribution network cut-out failures – the retaining client comprehensively won the case.
- Helping the largest Electrical Distribution Network operator in the UK to model, identify and implement safety, performance and cost improvements.
- Leading the facilities aspects of workshops that help oil and gas operators to “produce the limit” (PTL) for their assets.
- Guiding a major European gas transporter on their decision whether to extend the life of an existing mid-stream process facility or to replace a large proportion of the site.
- Helping a Gas Distribution utility with identifying operational performance improvements and confidence in making resource reductions.
- Set up of the Facilities Engineering and the Maintenance Departments of a newly formed NOC Production Operations division.
- Assisting a supplier of gas compression packages for North Sea offshore use (for one of the super-majors) with optimisation of their maintenance strategy, to meet stringent availability requirements and minimise scheduled outages.
- Benchmarking the maintenance and integrity performance of a North Sea division of one of the super-majors, to identify key areas for business improvement.
- Enabling an FPSO operator to dramatically reduce maintenance activity and costs (by over 85%) while raising the availability of their fire & gas detection systems.
Gavin brings a wealth of energy, enthusiasm, engineering expertise, a very keen mind, a wide range of inter-personal and communication skills, a very positive attitude and a deep desire to serve the needs of the customer.
- Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM) – internationally respected reputation
- Reliability, Safety and Cost Improvement – business results focused approach
- Maintenance and Reliability Training – delivered across industrial sectors
- Facilitation – extensive experience of leading large multi-disciplinary team workshops
- Mentoring – nurturing and continued professional development of RCM facilitators
- Implementation – structured, client and context appropriate approach integrating with business process, CMMS and condition monitoring requirements
- Management – direction & supervision of colleagues, integration with larger team and clients