Gary is a passionate task, people and customer-focused leader with a 30+ year background in the UK and Australian Armed Forces (Army Aviation Engineering) and civil commercial industries.
He joined the British Army as a Craftsman in Sept ’84 and progressed to Warrant Officer before retiring and moving across to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) as a Captain aircraft engineering officer in 2007. He has operated at all levels, and this has formed the basis of his ability to quickly develop relationships and create empathy.
Gary was an aircraft technician (airframes and engines) by trade, but progressed to supervisor, crew chief, Artificer and middle manager. He also spent 2 years out of trade carrying out support operations to specialist units, personnel and technical capability elements in Northern Ireland. He has served at all levels of maintenance support, trained as an Army Commando during his time with the Commando Brigade Air Squadron, and has extensive theatre experience including Arctic (Norway), tropical/jungle (Belize), temperate (UK, Germany) and on-board ship deployments to various unglamorous places!
Various positions were held in the ADF from 2007 to 2015:
- Directing the whole of the Army aviation technical training continuum, including developing and progressing engineering officers to Chartered status.
- CH-47D Chinook helicopter design engineer and business unit manager.
- Workforce analysis programme lead for the design and development of the future aviation technical personnel plan and strategy.
- Tiger helicopter support engineer and stakeholder manager – identifying, trouble-shooting and resolving complex engineering and logistic support issues for the Tiger attack helicopter fleet across multiple complex stakeholders, including Army HQ, prime contractors, project teams, capability managers, operators, Brigade HQ and other support organisations.
He has successfully managed diverse programmes with multimillion-dollar (out to $70M per annum Australian dollars) budgets and multiple complex equipments, theatres of operation, stakeholder organisations and departments.
Gary has planned, developed and delivered programmes in aviation, rolling stock, maritime, military transport and training systems (strategic planning and budgetary analysis, management, needs analysis, design, development, regulation, assessment, etc).
In 2002 he received the MBE for services within and to the British Army.
Gary is a passionate cycling coach (www.certacito.org) who loves to see people develop and get the best possible performance out of themselves; in sport, life and professionally.
As well as being a multi time Regional and State cycling competitor and champion, he has organised upwards of 70 cycle races and is currently the volunteer Chairman and Director of the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists (www.lvrc.org).
Gary’s vision for K2 RCM is:
“To become the organisation of choice for Reliability Engineering and RCM Services and Software in Europe and the UK in the next 5 years.”
- Become a Business Success Story
- Build our Professional Reputation
- Build a Quality Online Brand
- Build a DORA Community
- Grow Our Customer Base and Market Segments
- Provide the Best Possible Customer Service
To achieve this, a team is needed, and this will be built, in time, and with the help of his friends and professional business partners.
If you would like to become an associate and work with us to identify opportunities, develop and satisfy needs and requirements for our customers, then please get in touch with Gary direct on firstname.lastname@example.org or on +447708 385 437.